Using the Dashboard
Stores Tab Overview
Stores > Status
Stores > Technical
Stores > General
Web Based Store Inventory / Online Menu
Download a Pick List for easy restocking
Stores > Restock
How To Set Pars
Stores > Discounts
Stores > Financial
Export Lots as CSV
Products > Transactions
How to edit an SKU and use unused tags for a different product
Products > Tag Orders
Export EPC Inventory
Products > Archive
Products > Inventory
Add a Product
Products > Details
Transaction status definitions
Transactions > Logs
Transactions > Customer Emails
Authorization Fee / Hold
How to adjust a transaction or process a refund
How to View Transactions & Transactions Overview
How to prevent mischarges
Discounts > Add a Happy Hour Discount
Discounts > Add a Standard Discount
Discounts > Creating Coupons
Discounts > Add a Shelf Life Discount
How to redeem a coupon
How to end a Discount
Transactions included in a remittance
Remittance Processing Schedule
Where can I find billing information?
How do I provide my banking information?
Setting Up Your New Store
How to restock a Byte store
Setting up your store to be NAMA-certified
Custom graphics install instructions
Branding your store
Setting up your Byte Technology store
How soon will I receive my store?
Byte Store Specs
Box 2.5 Byte Store Specs
Tagging Best Practices
Product tagging best practices
Tagging sandwiches or burritos
Tagging snacks or soft packaging
Tagging soups or yogurts
Tagging salads or other hard packaging
Are RFID tags microwave safe?
Webinar: Tagging Best Practices
Merchandising best practices
Test and verify inventory
Tagging heatable entrees
Tagging aluminum cans and foil-lined products
Dashboard Onboarding | A self-guided training
Advice & Troubleshooting
How to Install an OptConnect Cellular Device on a Byte Store
Ethernet setup and networking requirements
Transactions made while store is offline
How do I get a store back online?
No IP / Red or Yellow Border
Sending Remote Commands
Door Lock Issues
Open a CSV file in Excel or Google Sheets
Error Codes: Out of Service Troubleshooting Guide
The Stores that need attention report on the Summary page provides a list of any stores that are not online, are reporting over temperature, or are not able to connect to the RFID antennae.
Below are definitions for each health status you may see in this view:
- Offline: The Byte store is not connected via cellular or ethernet and is not able to communicate with our backend.
- RFID Error: The Byte store cannot connect to one or more RFID antennae.
- Too Warm: The Byte store is out of temperature range (>41 degrees for more than 30 mins).
- Rebooting: The Byte store is starting up. You may see RFID error on the Status tab. This is normal and will disappear in 10 minutes.
How to troubleshoot a store with issues:
- If using cellular, make sure the OptConnect is plugged in. If using Ethernet, make sure the connection is live.
- Power cycle the store by unplugging both power cables for 5 seconds.
- If the store is still not reporting online after 10 minutes, continue with advanced troubleshooting tips here.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're not successful in getting your Byte store back online.
- This type of error is typically seen right after a store reboots itself. The store needs time to reboot and reconnect to all RFID antennae. Wait 10 minutes to allow the store to fully reboot.
- If after 10 minutes you are still seeing this error, power cycle the store by unplugging both power cables for 5 seconds or send a remote reboot command.
- Review recent transactions. The store will warm up if there are frequent transactions during a short period of time. This is due to customers opening and closing the door in a short sequence. If this is the case, simply give the store time to cool down on its own.
- Navigate to Stores > Status page. Your Byte store sends a temperature update on every heartbeat, which is every 10 minutes. From the Status page, you can review the temperature history.
- If the fridge is still unable to cool itself down to the normal temperature range, reach out to email@example.com.
If you see an error code, please click HERE for more troubleshooting tips. Please note it is best to be at the store.