Using the Dashboard
Stores Tab Overview
Stores > Status
Stores > Technical
Stores > General
Web Based Store Inventory / Online Menu
Download a Pick List for easy restocking
Stores > Restock
How To Set Pars
Stores > Discounts
Stores > Financial
Export Lots as CSV
Products > Transactions
How to edit an SKU and use unused tags for a different product
Products > Tag Orders
Export EPC Inventory
Products > Archive
Products > Inventory
Add a Product
Products > Details
Transaction status definitions
Transactions > Logs
Transactions > Customer Emails
Authorization Fee / Hold
How to adjust a transaction or process a refund
How to View Transactions & Transactions Overview
How to prevent mischarges
Discounts > Add a Happy Hour Discount
Discounts > Add a Standard Discount
Discounts > Creating Coupons
Discounts > Add a Shelf Life Discount
How to redeem a coupon
How to end a Discount
Transactions included in a remittance
Remittance Processing Schedule
Where can I find billing information?
How do I provide my banking information?
Setting Up Your New Store
How to restock a Byte store
Setting up your store to be NAMA-certified
Custom graphics install instructions
Branding your store
Setting up your Byte Technology store
How soon will I receive my store?
Byte Store Specs
Box 2.5 Byte Store Specs
Tagging Best Practices
Product tagging best practices
Tagging sandwiches or burritos
Tagging snacks or soft packaging
Tagging soups or yogurts
Tagging salads or other hard packaging
Are RFID tags microwave safe?
Webinar: Tagging Best Practices
Merchandising best practices
Test and verify inventory
Tagging heatable entrees
Tagging aluminum cans and foil-lined products
Dashboard Onboarding | A self-guided training
Advice & Troubleshooting
How to Install an OptConnect Cellular Device on a Byte Store
Ethernet setup and networking requirements
Transactions made while store is offline
How do I get a store back online?
No IP / Red or Yellow Border
Sending Remote Commands
Door Lock Issues
Open a CSV file in Excel or Google Sheets
Error Codes: Out of Service Troubleshooting Guide
If a Byte store is displaying a red border on the tablet screen and shows multiple issues on the Dashboard, then we say that the kiosk is offline, or “not getting heartbeats.” Basically, the store is not connected to the Internet.
If the store is in offline mode, then the store is not connected to the internet and commands will not work from the Dashboard. The store is still able to process transaction for 96 hours during offline mode.
The next step is to troubleshoot on-site in front of the store - here are a few things to look at first:
- Tablet display status - is the screen on or off?
- If on, does the touchscreen work?
- Credit card light status: is the green light on or off?
- If the green light is off, please follow these instructions.
- If the green light is on, try rebooting. Unplug the white cable, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in. Wait a couple of minutes. Repeat once or twice if the Byte store is still offline.
- Check for a faint yellow border on the screen. If it's there, reboot the Byte store.
- If after reboot the yellow border is still there, then please swipe a card.
- If the yellow border does not go away after swiping a card, then the Byte store is still offline and it's time to check the Optconnect (wireless) or Ethernet cable.
If connecting via Optconnect (not Ethernet):
- Check the small, silver Optconnect device - this is either mounted on the back of the Byte store or on top of the Byte store, inside the shallow black box known as the hat.
- Are there 3 green lights on?
- Is the Optconnect antenna placed in an optimal location?
- If the antenna is a black cylinder, place it on top or on back of the Byte store.
- If the antenna is a dual antenna, mount each antenna on top or on the side of the Byte store at least 6 inches apart.
- Check the 3 green lights again to see if all are on. If they are and the Byte store is still not showing a green light in the Dashboard, please reboot the machine.
If connecting via Ethernet:
- Please have the IT administrator double-check these networking requirements.
Still having issues? Let’s look at how is the store getting power.
Surge protector vs. wall outlet
- If this Byte store is an older model: it might be a failed battery in the UPS surge protector.
- Have someone on-site plug both black and white cables into the right side of the surge protector.
- If the Byte store is new and/or the above fix does not work, remove plugs from the surge protector and plug black & white cables directly into the wall.
If the kiosk still has no heartbeat / black display after the above steps. . .
- Has there been an outage?
If the kiosk has power/heartbeat but the tablet is still black:
- Has there been an outage?
- Is the green light on or off? (most likely 'on' in this scenario)
- If the green light is on, it could be a failing tablet => try rebooting, either manually or through the Dashboard.2. Have someone on-site verify whether the screen is back on.
- A reboot will remotely reboot the entire Tablet resetting all services. Reboots are appropriate for hardware issues and can take up to 2 minutes to complete.
- If the remote reboot command did not work, try a physical reboot by unplugging the white cable, waiting 10 seconds, then plugging it back in. Please reboot at least 2 times.
- If the screen is still black with green light on, then the tablet may need to be replaced.
In the event that none of the troubleshooting steps work, please contact email@example.com. We are here to help!