Using the Dashboard
Stores Tab Overview
Stores > Status
Stores > Technical
Stores > General
Web Based Store Inventory / Online Menu
Download a Pick List for easy restocking
Stores > Restock
How To Set Pars
Stores > Discounts
Stores > Financial
Export Lots as CSV
Products > Transactions
How to edit an SKU and use unused tags for a different product
Products > Tag Orders
Export EPC Inventory
Products > Archive
Products > Inventory
Add a Product
Products > Details
Transaction status definitions
Transactions > Logs
Transactions > Customer Emails
Authorization Fee / Hold
How to adjust a transaction or process a refund
How to View Transactions & Transactions Overview
How to prevent mischarges
Discounts > Add a Happy Hour Discount
Discounts > Add a Standard Discount
Discounts > Creating Coupons
Discounts > Add a Shelf Life Discount
How to redeem a coupon
How to end a Discount
Transactions included in a remittance
Remittance Processing Schedule
Where can I find billing information?
How do I provide my banking information?
Setting Up Your New Store
How to restock a Byte store
Setting up your store to be NAMA-certified
Custom graphics install instructions
Branding your store
Setting up your Byte Technology store
How soon will I receive my store?
Byte Store Specs
Box 2.5 Byte Store Specs
Tagging Best Practices
Product tagging best practices
Tagging sandwiches or burritos
Tagging snacks or soft packaging
Tagging soups or yogurts
Tagging salads or other hard packaging
Are RFID tags microwave safe?
Webinar: Tagging Best Practices
Merchandising best practices
Test and verify inventory
Tagging heatable entrees
Tagging aluminum cans and foil-lined products
Dashboard Onboarding | A self-guided training
Advice & Troubleshooting
How to Install an OptConnect Cellular Device on a Byte Store
Ethernet setup and networking requirements
Transactions made while store is offline
How do I get a store back online?
No IP / Red or Yellow Border
Sending Remote Commands
Door Lock Issues
Open a CSV file in Excel or Google Sheets
Error Codes: Out of Service Troubleshooting Guide
Updated by Isabella Gumm
Code E means No Identity + No Internet: The store is having trouble verifying its serial number or KID while also experiencing connectivity issue
For the identity issue:
Please contact Byte Technology's client success team at firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number and a time to call you.
For the Connectivity issue:
- Power Cycle (unplug all power cords from the surge protector for about 20 seconds before plugging them back in)
- If using cellular connectivity (not ethernet), make sure the antenna (pictured below) is on top of the store
- If the store is using ethernet connectivity, make sure the network is working. Click here for more information on ethernet network & their requirements.
If the problem persists, you will need to grab a Phillips Head screwdriver and a step ladder.
- Use the stepladder to view the top of the store
- Use the Phillips Head screwdriver to take the hat (top of the store) off
- If you are using cellular connectivity, please check a device called Optconnect
- You will need to check if the lights are green, and if the connections are secure.
- If you are using ethernet, check the connections are secure to the motherboard. Replace the ethernet cable.
If the problem continues, please contact email@example.com, and share with us what steps you have taken and your findings. Please let us know if the credit card reader has green lights.