Using the Dashboard
Stores Tab Overview
Stores > Status
Stores > Technical
Stores > General
Web Based Store Inventory / Online Menu
Download a Pick List for easy restocking
Stores > Restock
How To Set Pars
Stores > Discounts
Stores > Financial
Export Lots as CSV
Products > Transactions
How to edit an SKU and use unused tags for a different product
Products > Tag Orders
Export EPC Inventory
Products > Archive
Products > Inventory
Add a Product
Products > Details
Transaction status definitions
Transactions > Logs
Transactions > Customer Emails
How to adjust a transaction or process a refund
How to View Transactions & Transactions Overview
How to prevent mischarges
Discounts > Add a Happy Hour Discount
Discounts > Add a Standard Discount
Discounts > Creating Coupons
Webinar: Discounts & Coupons
Discounts > Add a Shelf Life Discount
How to redeem a coupon
How to end a Discount
Transactions included in a remittance
Remittance Processing Schedule
Where can I find billing information?
How do I provide my banking information?
Setting Up Your New Store
How to restock a Byte store
Setting up your store to be NAMA-certified
Custom graphics install instructions
Branding your store
Setting up your Byte Technology store
How soon will I receive my store?
Byte Store Specs
Box 2.5 Byte Store Specs
Tagging Best Practices
Product tagging best practices
Tagging sandwiches or burritos
Tagging snacks or soft packaging
Tagging soups or yogurts
Tagging salads or other hard packaging
Are RFID tags microwave safe?
Webinar: Tagging Best Practices
Merchandising best practices
Test and verify inventory
Tagging heatable entrees
Tagging aluminum cans and foil-lined products
Dashboard Onboarding | A self-guided training
Advice & Troubleshooting
How to Install an OptConnect Cellular Device on a Byte Store
Ethernet setup and networking requirements
Transactions made while store is offline
How do I get a store back online?
Sending Remote Commands
RFID Tags Not Reading and Inventory Showing Inaccuracies
Antennas in the Byte Store - Where to Place Your Products
Door Lock Issues
Open a CSV file in Excel or Google Sheets
Error Codes: Out of Service Troubleshooting Guide
Table of Contents
Three Ways to View Transactions
- from the Products tab
- from the Transactions tab
- under the Stores tab when you click on a specific Byte store.
How to View Transactions in The Products Tab
- Under the Product tab, click the product that you want to view transactions for
- Click the Transaction tab
- Now you can see all the transactions for this specific product and can export it as well!
How to View Transactions in The Stores Tab
- Click on the store you want to see transactions for
- Click the Transactions tab
The Transactions Tab
This will be where you will go for most of your transaction research. This tab allows you to filter transactions by sales, type of sales, products, and more. You can filter by status and time frame. The Transaction tab also allows you to search by KID, email, or name. This is where you adjust transactions.
The navigation header has a few fields to filter transaction data:
Time Range: The date parameters
Time: The time of purchase
Total: The total amount of the transaction
Name: The name as it appears on the user's credit card
Status: The Byte Dashboard uses different transaction statuses to delineate where a transaction is at in the processing process, or the end result of the processing
Store: The name of the store at which a transaction occurred
ID: The unique transaction identifier, which can be found in the user's receipt
Helpful Information to Know About Transactions
- You can search for a specific transaction while on the Transaction page by entering the Transaction ID or name in the search bar in the top right corner.
- Transactions will include information such as the date/time of the transaction, what was purchased, the amount charged to the consumer after discounts, and the transaction status.
- If you wish to adjust or refund a transaction, simply click on the hyperlinked transaction ID. You'll be taken to the full transaction where you can then process the adjustment.
- To view the details of a specific transaction, click >. Here you'll be able to see the items purchased, what the customer was charged, and more. When we see that a transaction is still in the Placed state, the system has not applied discounts, charged the customer, or sent a receipt. Once the transaction is in the PriceFinalized state, discounts will be applied. Then it will move to Processed once processed by the payment processor.
- All transactions have a $1 minimum authorization fee that will drop off within 24 hours. This authorization fee makes sure there is money on the card before the store unlocks. This authorization fee cannot be removed or lowered. The customer will see it refunded back to them. It can be raised for campus-enabled stores.